Solo developer James Patton’s cyberpunk management sim Spinnortality launches today 1st on Steam for PC, Mac and Linux.
Here’s the new launch date trailer:
In the game, players found a company, spread fake news, start riots and become immortal. In this cyberpunk management sim, wealth is power and corporations are king. Can players monopolize the globe and build a corporate empire that will stand forever?
Nations have merged into massive, politically stagnant super-states. Some are so-called “democracies”, some are dictatorships, and some are ultra-capitalist dystopias. These societies are in a state of flux; your company will determine their future. As head of a global megacorp, the player’s first priority is turning a profit. Before long, though, they will be manipulating politics, deregulating industries, and launching black ops to destabilise the globe.
- Turn-based management sim.
- 8 to 20 hours of playtime and high replayability.
- Achieve immortality with cutting edge tech.
- Bribe politicians, spread fake news, rig elections.
- Research horrific products; market them so they’re irresistible.
- Sell products such as metacritic for friendships, sentient social media profiles and an ‘auto-career’ service.
- Pursue world-shaping agendas.
- Exploit specific cultures with targeted marketing.
- Use media control to warp culture or run PR campaigns.
“The idea that corporations are pretty much the aristocracy of our time has always fascinated me, especially with recent developments in world politics and capitalism. With Spinnortality I wanted to play with that concept and show how much power they could assemble, the corrupting influence of it, and what might happen once they attain absolute power”, says James Patton, developer of Spinnortaltiy. “I was thrilled to see that the premise excited a lot of other people, and after the successful Kickstarter last year I can’t wait until players can finally dive into the world of Spinnortaltiy”.
You can find assets here.
About James Patton
James Patton is an English game developer, currently based in Vienna. After various smaller projects, James is currently working on releasing his first full title, Spinnortality. The cyberpunk management sim was initially funded on Kickstarter and is set to release on February 1st for Steam.