It’s been a banner year for the Queer Sci Fi Site and group, and it’s all thanks to the amazing members we have. It’s hard to believe that I started this group just two years ago, in January 2014. But our second year brought many changes:
- We grew to more than 1400 members on our FB discussion group
- We launched our second Flash Fiction contest, and with it, our first book
- We held a number of informational “weeks” – on Submissions, Promotion, Running a Small Press, Graphic Novels, and more
- We will have announced more than 350 LGBT speculative fiction books
- We brought on BA Brock as our official reviewer
- Angel proved to be an amazing co-Admin, putting out fires and making QSF work
- We launched our first annual QSF Holiday Blog Hop, with more than twenty stops and 14 participating authors
- We attended our first Con – Rainbow Con in Tampa – and met many of our members in person
- …for which we created what Angel calls “the world’s smallest collector buttons” – of course, that’s more of an “oops” (remembers Angel sadly shaking her head when she saw them)
- We launched a page on RedBubble to sell QSF swag, along with a new logo
- We re-launched our critique group in Scribophile
- We launched a new NaNoWriMo support group, which morphed into a Writer’s Workshop
- We joined Twitter
I apologize if I have missed anything!
The new year is almost upon us, and we want to keep building the momentum. And so I want to ask our members to help us out again.
Where do you want to see the site/group go in 2016? Are there things we aren’t doing that we should be? Want to volunteer to help out? Let’s brainstorm!