As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

FOR WRITERS: Genre Purity

sci fi fantasy - pixabay

FOR WRITERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer Hank Cannon: What is your reaction for calls for “genre” purity in genres that aren’t necessarily so straight forward? And for those who to like genre purity in sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal or horror, what do you use as baselines to judge for said purity? Join the chat

FOR READERS: My LGBT Community

community - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer A. Catherine Noon: How do you see the “LGBTIQA community” where you are in the world? I’m in the States, and I think, for me anyway, there’s a tendency to have blinders on in terms of our multi-country origins. Being LGBT isn’t unique to any one locale. We know cultural differences are real; to what extent do you see that affecting your own LGBT community specifically? I’d add to Catherine’s question – do you feel like you are connected to your local LGBTIQA community? Writers: This is a reader chat – you … Read more

FOR WRITERS: When Inspiration Hits at Work

inspiration pixabay

FOR WRITERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer Jennifer Slusher: I have another question for the bucket! For writers: A good many of you also hold down a job in the corporate world. What do you do when inspiration hits you in the middle of your workday? Have you ever been tempted to sneak a few paragraphs in or write the inspiration right then? Join the chat

FOR READERS: The First Time

gay kiss - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer Robin Harper: It’s finally arrived… the First Time between two characters! That magical dance of arrrrouuusal coming to fruition! What do you look for in that first time? Do you want a fantasy, or a realistic retelling of anyone’s first time with a new partner? It’s a delicate balance I have found, to write something that is bliss filled without defying too many laws of reality. Should anyone allow themselves to be bound by those laws when writing a work of fiction? OR Is it more fun when you take those ‘laws’ … Read more

FOR READERS: Give Me More of These

more pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer A. Catherine Noon: What kinds of stories do you want to see more of? Reading trends and tastes change, especially in times of turmoil; I’m curious how your tastes have changed, if at all. Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR READERS: In Their Head

writer brain - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Jennifer Slusher: If you could spend the day walking around the inside of your favorite queer author’s head, who would it be and why. Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR READERS: It Makes Me Think

thinking - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Ryane Chatman: Readers: Have you ever read something that you that caused you to question life, the universe, everything? Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat